Monday, May 24, 2010

A Shout from the Rooftops!

http://news.byu.edu/archive06-Oct-hike.aspx
 
We're thrilled to announce that Steven just accepted a position as an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering at 

Brigham Young University in Provo, UT! 

The department is an ideal fit for Steven and his research and teaching interests, with the added bonus that Cristie grew up in Provo and has lots of family and friends in the area, including her mom and stepdad who teach at BYU in the English department. We loved our experiences as students there and feel strongly about the mission of the university. 

Like us, our boys are are overjoyed at the prospect of living near grandparents, great-grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins on both sides, and old friends, but sad to leave our friends and family in the East. If you ask Ben, he'll say, "What's that word that means good and bad at the same time? Oh yeah--bittersweet."

Therefore, we're counting on you to COME VISIT us and
  • hike the ruggedly-beautiful Rocky Mountains 
  • explore southern Utah's red-rock country
  • visit the sites of the 2002 Winter Olympics
  • tour the LDS (Mormon) Temple Square in Salt Lake City
  • ski the greatest snow on earth
Our door is always open to you. Thank you to all who have been hoping and praying for us! We feel very blessed.

35 comments:

marian said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It makes me hapy that youfound just what you were looking for! Steven will be a great addition to BYU (and I love that you will be close!)I propose sleepover/reunion at Cristie's for Womens' Conf 2011

Christine said...

Yay for the Charles family!! What a wonderful opportunity, and completely deserved.
Go cougars!

Nicole said...

Wahoo! Will he start this Fall? Now I really want to come to Utah this summer! Good luck moving - we just moved to a house with a great backyard and I really hate moving!!!

melissa said...

Yeah! Brad and I always muse about returning to live in Provo. We have so many fond memories of our time there and feel it would be a really fun place to raise a family. Congratulations!

Jenny said...

Congratulations & welcome back! We'll be watching for you around town!!!

AndreaF said...

Hooray! I am thrilled for you guys. It must be such a relief to know you are going somewhere familiar and settling down. Good luck on your trek out there! Love to you all.

Treidi said...

welcome... welcome!

let the grandson wild rumpus begin!

corey said...

Hooray! Can't wait to see you!

Rosalyn said...

Congratulations! I know how hard you've (both) worked for this. And I am selfishly excited because this means I may get to see you more than every couple of years. When are you going to move?

Unknown said...

Bitter-Boston doesn't get you. Sweet-you found the right place. Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. Let us know if you need help when you move here.

Jen said...

Congratulations!! So exciting. We're in the job market still . . . we're hoping to come out West. We're excited to see you when we come to Utah!!

Kristi said...

Congratulations! How exciting for your family!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! (Though of course we selfishly wish you were coming here!)
MB

Niki said...

Congratulations on the new position and move. We have yet to visit BYU since we graduated but when we do you'll be on our to see list for sure! I'm so happy for you guys.

Libbey Toys said...

Yeah! Great place! Hopefully we will have some little engineers for him to teach in a few years.

bluestocking mama said...

congratulations!! how exciting after such a long haul!

kate said...

you should have seen alex's face when i told him there would be EIGHT snyder-cowles boys in utah now...we're visiting the end of july...this is going to be awesome!

oh...and congrats to steven as well... :)

Toria said...

woohoo! that's exciting news- John will be thrilled when I tell him. He's a BYU/ ME grad himself.
Provo is lucky to have you back- next time we're in town we'll have a Boston gathering- your place or Brooks???
Congratulations again! Good luck with the move!

Jared and Laurel said...

Wow! That is so exciting! We will have to visit you guys next time we're there. It sounds like a perfect fit!

Seth Clarke said...

Way to go! (I'm curious what music you will set to play on your blog that befits a move to Provo. I learned so much about Baltimore just from listening to your blog.)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terese said...

Hooray!!! That is such exciting news!! I am so happy for you guys. Maybe we will live by you again someday :). Sounds so fun!

corey said...

Ok, and I'm also glad that I was directed to your blog so I could read your amazing gratitude lists. I'm so happy for you guys. A more deserving family of happiness I cannot think of.

Sarah said...

I am so happy for you guys. BYU and Provo are sure lucky to have you!

clara said...

So awesome! Congratulations Steven! Welcome back to the West.

Erin said...

Congrats to everyone. I don't think you'll have a void of visitors! As for us, plan on seeing us in your neighborhood this December for sure. We are excited for this new step in your lives. You have to promise not to forget about us little people.

cristie said...

Wow--we feel very loved by all your comments! We hope you all really do visit us soon.

Nicole, we're moving in July. Steven starts research right away and will teach one class this fall. Crazy.

Seth, I put music on the blog just for you. : ) I admit there's not the repertoire we had for Baltimore, though.

Linda said...

Congratulations, Steven and Cristie! It's fun to watch all of our old friends end up back at BYU. We were hoping you'd move to Peoria, but hey, maybe we can see you in Utah when we visit.

Pamela said...

We're so happy and excited for you guys! Congratulations on all of your hard work and patience! We're going to miss you and the boys this summer for Kids Camp! I'm glad we got to see you all before you left the East Coast though.

Neal, especially, is sad that Ben will now be living closer to Elliot than to him. We'll figure out a way to go west one of these days!

Andrea said...

I'm excited that you found the perfect job, but you will be sorely missed around here!

Kelly said...

Hooray! Congrats to all of you!

Kyra N Krakos said...

Ya for Charles family! Jack is always in Utah for the summer, and would love to be able to see Sammy more often. Big congratulations!

Kyra and the other Krakii

Petertammenson said...

Congrats congrats congrats! Bravo! We're moving to Midway next month - not so far away....Can't wait to see my favorite Neapolitan boys again!

Tricia said...

Congratulations!!!! I love the music!! I am excited that YOU are so excited about your placement. That is wonderful!!